Sport at Fairvale High
- Years 7 – 11 Integrated Sport (Mandatory)
- Combined High School Knockout Sport
- Combined High School Carnival Sport – Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics
Selective Knockout Competition
- Year 7-8 Gala Day (Mandatory)
- Year 7-8 Swim School (Compulsory)
- After School Fitness Club Program
Regular participation in physical activity is associated with a range of physical and mental health benefits both in childhood and adulthood. Active children become healthy adults and schools play a key role in contributing to that outcome. Fairvale High School promotes and implements sport-focused programs for all students by encouraging participation, skill development and excellence in performance. As a result, Fairvale High School has a rich history of success, with students representing at National Level.
Fairvale High School students who display outstanding skills have the opportunity for selection at school, zone, area, state and national levels in 28 sports. With the goal of achieving excellence, Fairvale High School offers extra curricular coaching in a wide range of sports to enable students to maximise their potential.
In addition, Fairvale High School has initiated an after-school fitness program, where students are encouraged to work towards achieving personal fitness goals.
The Fairvale High School PDHPE and Sport faculty have excellent facilities where students are able to maximise their sporting and physical capacity. They are able to do so via the use of the following facilities;
- 4 undercover basketball courts
- 2 outdoor basketball courts
- Multi station air-conditioned gymnasium
- First class football field with grandstand
- Hockey field
- Cricket nets
- Long jump pit
- 2 Adjacent rugby league fields
- FVHS is within walking distance to 30 netball courts, AFL field, all weather outdoor fitness equipment, walking track, 5 cricket fields, 2 cricket nets, 6 soccer fields and 3 tennis courts.