Industrial Arts - Electronics
- Industrial Technology
ELECTRONICS Technologies Industrial Technology is a practical, non-vocational
2 Unit course for Years 11 & 12.
Industrial Technology – ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGIES focuses on specific skills and knowledge associated with the electronics industry such as:
- construction skills to allow you to manage and build a major project primarily from electronics components. This major project will be worth 60% of the final HSC assessment in this subject.
- current manufacturing techniques and technologies as used in the electronics industry
- design limitations in work with electronics
- environmental issues associated with the electronics industry
- common management structures of companies within the electronics industry
The Preliminary Course The preliminary course uses Project Work as a means of attaining the required construction skills and associated theoretical knowledge. Students will also study the electronics industry in general, covering the Structural, Technological and Environmental issues that affect that industry.
The HSC Course The HSC course will focus on the student’s own major work. The major work will be marked by external examiners and will form part of both the school’s assessment and the HSC assessment. A folio will accompany the major work and will show evidence of planning and management of the major work.