Industrial Arts - Timber
- Industrial Technology – timber PRODUCTS & FURNITURE Technologies
Industrial Technology is a practical, non-vocational 2 Unit course for Years 11 & 12.
Industrial Technology - timber PRODUCTS & FURNITURE Technologies focuses on specific skills and knowledge associated with the timber industry such as: · construction skills to allow you to manage and build a major project primarily from timber. This major project will be worth 60% of the final HSC assessment in this subject.
· current manufacturing techniques and technologies as used in the timber industry
· design limitations in work with wood
· environmental issues associated with the timber industry
· common management structures of companies within the timber industry
The Preliminary Course The preliminary course uses Project Work as a means of attaining the required construction skills and associated theoretical knowledge. Students will also study the timber industry in general, covering the Structural, Technological and Environmental issues that affect that industry.
The HSC Course The HSC course will focus on the student’s own major work. The major work will be marked by external examiners and will form part of both the school’s assessment and the HSC assessment. A folio will accompany the major work and will show evidence of planning and management of the major work.